Glucose Test

The glucose tolerance test is cruel.  CRUEL!  It's bad enough to make a pregnant woman fast for hours but to then expect her to suffer through half a day with no coffee, perforate her arms, sit in horribly uncomfortable chairs for hours and drink an overly sweet flat orange soda is torture.  TORTURE!

What did frontier women do if they had gestational diabetes?  Ok, so the doctors tasted urine and that's way worse but still!  I contend that this is cruel.

I've taken the dreaded 3-hour test twice with my last two babies and after both of them rushed--RUSHED--to the nearest fast food establishment to avoid eating my own arm.  I do not have gestational diabetes.  I am sorry for any woman that does.  I can't imagine having to carefully monitor one's diet for sweet treats during the month of December.  I am thrilled to pieces that it isn't something I have to worry about. 

Now, let's talk about these non-stress tests...  Really? 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Easter

Shoes=Outside

The Wonderful World of Meat Substitutes