A Big Announcement

I supposed I should have posted this a while ago.  But I didn't.  It hasn't felt real until...well, it still doesn't.  Maybe I was waiting for that--for it to feel real.  I'm betting it will finally sink in on February 15th--that's when our little man is due to arrive.

That's right.  I'm pregnant and it's a boy.

A boy.  What?  Are we sure?  Yep.  We're sure.  But no.  It can't be.  We have girls.  That's what we do.  We know how to do that (at least so far).  What am I supposed to do with a boy?  I have to buy all new stuff!

I've mostly heard horror stories about raising boys.  The first thing everyone says is how spoiled he'll be by his big sisters. I always follow it up with "Or he'll grow up really understanding women."  Let's hope for the latter.

Despite the spoiling alert and the "just you wait" looks I get from moms of boys, what I consistently hear is how much boys love their mommas.  Even though I cherish my girls and they're rather fond of me (especially Bebo), Dad has always been the favorite.  He's the fun one.  He's the one we celebrate for when he comes home.  Mom just handles the day to day of life.  When Dad's home--it's a PARTY!  While I'm sure that will continue and while, for the most part, Bebo still clings to me and comes to me for kisses and hugs, it might be nice to have a little one who wants mom waaaaay into adolescence...and maybe even beyond!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Easter

Shoes=Outside

The Wonderful World of Meat Substitutes