Tomato Pie

It's a thing here--like hoagies and cheesesteaks.  The Tomato Pie.  I had my first taste of one yesterday and I have to say, I don't get it.  I've heard of it and, because I like tomatoes, they look tasty enough--just like a pizza except it's tomatoes.  Now, in Chicago, the pizzas don't look much different.  They put the cheese on the bottom (ok, so it's basically a wheel of cheese surrounded by crist and sauce is on top--sooooo delicious).  But the tomato pie has no cheese.  And, it's cold.

Um, what?

Ok, if you're lactose intolerant, I get it--no cheese on your pizza.  But why is it cold?  The tomatoes are cooked--they're just...cold.  Why???  It's like pizza with none of the good stuff.

People here love them. I do not understand.  The event I was at last night had apparently ordered more food than necessary and they asked if I wanted to take any of the leftovers home for my kids.  I politely declined telling them that if I brought home pizza with no cheese, my children would revolt.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Easter

Shoes=Outside

The Wonderful World of Meat Substitutes