Quarantine

Quarantine.  It's kind of a scary word.  But here we are.  Holed up at home as this nasty virus makes it's way across the world.  I hope these 2 weeks isolated work.  I hope Nick makes it home.  I hope I don't get sick.  I hope my family doesn't get sick.  I hope no one else in this world gets sick.  But someone will. 

It's been hard to explain to the kids why we can go outside but friends can't come over.  Why we can't go shopping and why we aren't going to work or school.  On many levels, the big girls get it but in a lot of ways, social distancing seems like overreacting...until Ike started not feeling like himself.  A low grade fever.  But no coughing and no shortness of breath.  He's pulling at his ears.  That's probably it--an ear infection.  He's jut had one and maybe the round of amoxicillin just didn't do the trick.  Even if it is the dreaded virus, kids seem to weather the storm just fine.  Still, it doesn't make me any less anxious.

I have a list of things to do that now will have to wait.  Renewing my drivers license and getting the RealID.  Getting my nails done.  Trying that new recipe (can't find all of the ingredients!).  None of those things are really important and absolutely NONE are worth getting anyone sick over.  I'm taking this social distancing thing very seriously.  Neighborhood kids who like to play in our yard are politely turned away (making me feel HORRIBLE at their sad puppy dog eyes).   On the plus side, my girls are finding new ways to play together when I force them outside and to turn the TV off.  The rain isn't ruining much and I'm so very thankful that it's not deep winter.  We will survive without March madness and opening day.  We will survive if my job goes away because non-profits are suffering.  We will survive if we run out of toilet paper (not likely thank goodness!).  I hope I can say as much for everyone else. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Easter

Shoes=Outside

The Wonderful World of Meat Substitutes