What a mess!

The world seems to be falling apart.  I can't keep all of these international conflicts straight.  Palestine and Israel (an old fight); Ukraine and Russia (I think?); Iraq and Isis (not sure who exactly that last one is); and last but not least, looters and the city of Ferguson, MO.  What a mess.

And none of it really makes sense to me.  I can't imagine hating anyone so much that I want to eliminate an entire race of people.  I can't imagine thinking that destroying a city will somehow bring justice to a young man who has gone home to God.  But that's just me.  I know I don't understand it all.  Someone somewhere thinks these fights are worth it.  I have to say that I don't.  Killing other people never feels like the right answer for me.

For all of the extremists who hate Americans, I'd really love to sit down and have a chat over a cup of coffee (or tea if you prefer) and try to really understand why you think I'm so awful.  I'd really like to know.  Maybe we can work it out like human beings.

But in the midst of all of this mess I find comfort in knowing that none of it was a shock to God.  He knew it would all happen and He knows exactly how and when it will all end.  And it isn't happening as He sits idly by.
I will display my glory among the nations, and all the nations will see the punishment I inflict and the hand I lay on them. (Ezekiel 39:21)
God's not sitting around going "Where are the American's in all of this?  Where is the national guard?  Why haven't they declared marshall law or armed the rebels?" or whatever.   By the way, I love how no one ever says anything like "Where is Norway in all of this?"  Why is it always us?  That's a post for another day...

Anyway, my point is I'm not worried.  He's got things under control and it's all part of a plan.  I might not like the plan or understand the plan but really, it's not up to me.  It's His plan.  And like it or not, He's going to do what's best for all of us.

I feel better already!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Easter

Shoes=Outside

The Wonderful World of Meat Substitutes