Names

Everyone wants to know if we've picked a name for our new baby yet.  We haven't.  But even if we had, we're not telling.  It's hard picking out someone's name.  They'll carry it for the rest of their life.  I remember all of the teasing I got about my name when I was young and it still grates on me when the occasional immature idiot sings Rockin' Robin when they  meet me.  Kids are cruel and will find something to make fun of with any name.  Adults have absolutely no excuse.

So when Nick and I settled on names for our first two children we kept them to ourselves.  It wasn't that we thought we might change our minds but more that we didn't want to see the reaction on people's faces when we told them.  Even if they insist they won't react--they do.  The non-reaction is a reaction.

Now, everyone assumes that we'll pick a name that starts with "I" or some kind of flower or plant.  The truth is that we didn't plan any type of theme with our kids names.  It just happened that way.  We heard both names on a movie and were simply inspired--that's it!  That's the name!

So far, no movie has so inspired us.  I can't say it won't be an "I" name or some kind of plant.  But even if it is--I'm still not telling.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoes=Outside

The Wonderful World of Meat Substitutes

Stupid stupid STUPID!