Leaning back on my board...

Since Iris was born, I have found myself often watching Jon and Kate Plus 8. What a fun show! I would tell myself that if she could do it with eight, I could certainly handle two. Today, I watched the episode when they went to Park City, UT. They we skiing, ice skating and Jon went snowboarding. I've never been skiing or snowboarding. The closest I've ever come was riding the ski lift in the summertime at the Snowbowl in Flagstaff. It sure looks easy, but I'm told it isn't--at least not right away. Jon was describing how great it felt to be back on the snowboard. He felt younger and more alive. He said "You just lean back on the board and it's wherever God wants to take you." Wow. What a neat thing to say. What a wonderful feeling to just be able to do that--lean back and go wherever God wants to take you.

It's no secret that I dispise living in Phoenix. It's just plain hot. And brown. Nevertheless, we're going through the process of buying a house here. We've found one we really like and hope to put an offer on it this week. It took Nick and me a long time to decide that this was what we were going to do. We asked all of the questions: "What if one of us gets a better job in another state? What if we have two more kids and the house isn't big enough? What if we're missing something and we can't afford it? Why the heck are we buying a house in Phoenix?" We can "what if" our way into or out of anything, asking questions we can't answer. We don't know what will happen. We're just going to lean back on our boards and go wherever God wants to take us.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Easter

Shoes=Outside

The Wonderful World of Meat Substitutes