Puppies

 Yep.  Did it.  We adopted dogs.  Not just one--two.  What on Earth was I thinking?  

I know what I was thinking.  I was thinking about all of the amazing childhood memories having a dog gave me.  I was thinking of Iris and her sweet note asking us to consider one (she's being raised by a fundraiser, what can I say?).  I was thinking of the many, many animals needing homes.  

And so we found Pookie (I HATE this name) and Lucy (Also one I would not have chosen given our recent loss).  They're a bonded pair who's former human died.  There were five dogs in the home and the other three found homes.  Pookie (the Pookster, Pook Pook, and often just Puppy) and Lucy (Luce Luce and sometimes Lucy Lu) are always together.  He's ok without her, but she's NOT ok without him.  So far, we're getting along well.  They're older dogs and not really puppies which is good.  Some kind of chihuahua mix, they're quite small so they seem like puppies.  

Most days, they hang out with me in the basement while I work and at night they're crated.  A few challenges with separation anxiety and they only eat canned food but for now, we're getting along pretty well.  Welcome to our crazy life puppies!  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Easter

Shoes=Outside

The Wonderful World of Meat Substitutes