I hate running

I hate running.

I do.  I don't apologize for that.  It is, however, my cardio of choice.  Mostly because I can buy a treadmill and not have to think too much about it.  I run 3 miles a day, 5 days a week.  In my peak, I ran 3.5 miles a day  But post baby 4 I feel good about where I am. 

I have a book on running for women.  It's...interesting.  It talks about slow runs.  You know, the ones where you maybe run at a 10 minute mile or a bit faster. 

Um, what??? 

I run a 12 minute mile...and I'm struggling!  I can barely make it!  I feel like I'm sprinting for 40 minutes!  What do you MEAN this is a "jog"???? 

Did I mention that I hate running?

So, why do I do it?  Why do I torture myself?  I honestly don't know.  I've tried buying elliptical machines and I can never find one that doesn't hurt my feet.  I enjoy walking but it never feels like enough intensity to make a difference.  So, I run.  Ugh.  I love the feeling of accomplishment when I'm done.  I love the calorie burn and the steps.  I just hate the actual running. 

I do a lot to try to make it better.  I run as fast as I can sustain to shorten the time I have to do it.  I listen to music with a specific cadence so I keep pace and it's peppy!  I read while I run to cover the timer.  It drives Nick crazy.  "How can you possibly run, listen to music and read all at the same time?"  How can I not?  I'd go insane otherwise.

And so I run.  And run.  And run.  At least I have these snazzy purple running shoes.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Easter

Shoes=Outside

The Wonderful World of Meat Substitutes