Marshmallows

Potty training has been fun!

Except no.

I'm trying to remember what it was like for Ivy and Iris and it's all a blur.  I'm not ashamed to admit that daycare does most of the hard work and I'm so glad for that.  Bebo resisted for a long time.  Just not interested.  We tried the going naked, putting on fancy panties and all of that.  Nope.  Not doing it. What did finally work? 

Bribery.

Yep.  I'm that mom.  I bribe my kid to use the "frog potty".  We started way back in February when candy was abundant, thank you St. Valentine.  Easter rolled around and our supply was plentiful.  I even stole from the other two just to keep from having to buy more (shhh!).  But after the colored eggs and jelly beans were gone, I had to find a new currency.  Thankfully, we always have mini marshmallows and they'll do just fine.  Bonus--I'm not a huge fan so there's no danger of me whittling down the stash myself.

So, now, after a successful potty session, Bebo proudly washes up and heads to the kitchen drawer where we keep the "potty candy" and gets a marshmallow.  Success! 

Now, this only happens at home.  School potty is something else all together and I don't try to interfere with their methods--they don't interfere with mine, so we're all good.  Well, one day, picking up Bebo from school, our director, Miss Jenn tells me that Bebo just said the funniest thing.  She came out of the potty this afternoon and proudly proclaimed to anyone that would listen "I pee for marshmallows!"

This of course, had me in stitches, and I had to explain to Miss Jenn just what this means.  While it was a first for her, very little that Bebo says comes as a shock as we've come to expect the unexpected.  But until this whole potty training becomes a thing of the past, I'd better not run out of marshmallows!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Easter

Shoes=Outside

The Wonderful World of Meat Substitutes