For Now...

It’s no secret that I detest Phoenix. It’s hot. It’s brown. It’s dusty. I miss the snow. I miss fall. I miss just knowing that the weather will change. At 91 degrees today, the seventh of April, I turned on my air conditioner. True, winters here aren’t icy or frigid, but they’re not what I’ve grown to believe what a winter should be. It’s just not…cold. There is absolutely NO CHANCE for snow. I’ll never have a snow day living here. I’ll never get to wear my beautiful, winter white, heavy coat. There’s just no need.

Knowing all of this, we are about to finalize the purchase of a house in this desert city. Why? So many people ask me this. Why am I here? Why am I buying a house in a city I can’t stand? It’s really quite simple. When I discovered it long ago, I felt peace in my present-tense.
I am here because this is where God has led me. For now, this is home. For now, for an unknown amount of time (unknown by me, that is), I will stay here and thrive.

I am not running or hiding from a deep, dark past. There's nothing in my past to shame me. I am not far away from home--at least I hope not. I simpy haven't found a home that's permanent. Home travels with me.

I am in a good place with my wonderful husband, my precious children, my career, my church, my friends and soon, my dwelling. I know without an ounce of doubt that this is exactly where I am meant to be at this exact moment. I know because I’ve learned that God has a plan up his sleeve. He will let me know when I need to stay and when I need to move. While I rarely know what His plan is or where it will take me, it’s always exciting. My journey has taken me from east to west and back again twice over. Along the way, I’ve seen more than I ever thought I would (not many, I'm sure can boast of seeing the largest cross in this hemisphere!) and met some of the most amazing people I will ever hope to call my friends. I always have a story to tell and as anyone who knows me will tell you, stories are what I truly love.

I am here because there is more to life than weather and there’s more to the world than anything I’ve seen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Easter

Shoes=Outside

The Wonderful World of Meat Substitutes