Moving On

My mother says I'm nomadic. I think she's right. Aside from growing up, I haven't ever stayed long in one place. One summer in college, I moved every six weeks, from one dorm to another. During my five years at SLU, I lived in four different dorms, two different apartments and two different houses. After college, I spent only two years in Kansas City. Now, after three years in San Diego, I'm moving again. Nick has been transferred to Chicago. We're packin' up!

Actually, we're not. His company is paying for EVERYTHING. They gave us a lump sum of cash to pay for 30 days of temporary housing, food and rental car, hired movers to pack us and ship all of our crap...uh, valued posessions... and towed Nick's car.

Our new home is in a little village called Downers Grove, Illinois. It's very midwestern. If you've never been to the Midwest, you can't possibly understand that term and I can't possibly explain it to you. You'll just have to see it for yourself.

What I think I'll miss most about California is the vast number of Starbucks, all seemingly within feet of each other. I've gotten used to them. My Saturday Nights at the airport are also now a thing of the past. Midway does't have a food court outside of security like Lindbergh Field does. I may actually have to go out and make friends.

It's all very exciting, though. So many changes in such a short time. New city, new home, new job (hopefully soon)--everything is new, and yet so familiar. I've done this all before. It's old hat, as they say. Going out into the unknown...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoes=Outside

The Wonderful World of Meat Substitutes

Stupid stupid STUPID!