I'm trying to add a picture. Is this working? Whoo hoo! It worked. This is Nick and me at Disneyland about two years ago. I think it's the Alice In Wonderland ride or something.
I've posted before about the amazing women in my Pilot Mom's group . These friends give me more validation than I can say. As I've pondered this over the last few weeks, it occurs to me that I might have missed something. Is there a group for the opposite? Is there, somewhere out there, a group of husbands, married to high powered fundraising women who need some kind of comradery? I wonder... Fundraising (and non-profits in general) are heavily managed by women. Airline pilots are primarily men. On some level, this makes sense, right? Sometimes I feel really proud of myself for understanding so much of the airline jargon. I've learned to speak in airport code. We don't fly out of Philadelphia, it's PHL. We didn't go to Los Angeles on our vacation; we went to LAX and then drove to SAN. Nick doesn't start his trips in Cincinatti, it's CVG. We ask each other questions about whether or not a certain medication wi...
This book is killing me. I'm finally about half way through it and it gets more annoying as I go along. Really, I think the plot itself would be ok if not for the horrid writing. So, Bella's off to an unknown destination with Edward. We got to hear a completely useless exchange between the two of them as to why she had to drive her car. Charlie would know. Can't tell Charlie who she's going with. If he saw her car still home, he'd wonder. They had this elaborate back and forth about how Edward would get to her house without his car. Who cares? Not relevant! Why can't they just get going already? If her car would have been some necessary addition to their little outing in the meadows of Washington, fine. But IT DOESN'T! Oh, and if I hear one more thing about the fabulous Phoenix weather, I'm flushing this book down the toilet. She mentions this blouse that she wears in Phoenix "in the dead of winter". Um, there's no such thing. Phoenix has...
I'm reading this book, the Husband's Secret . The jacket cover was so compelling! A woman finds a letter addressed to her from her husband that she is to read in the event of his death...but he's still alive! Somehow, this letter affects not only her, but two other women that she barely knows. Wow! What a premise! I have to read this! Um, no. Sadly, these characters are completely unsympathetic. I don't like the woman who's daughter was murdered 20 years before. I don't like the woman who's husband has left her because he's fallen in love with her cousin. I don't mind the woman who found the letter but I don't really care about her either. The only person I can identify with and feel defensive towards is the daughter-in-law. She's a career woman who has a wonderful opportunity that will move her and her family from Australia to New York. Her mother-in-law is angry because she's taking the grandson away. Sorry, l...
Comments